Ahhh…inspirational quotes. With Pinterest, Tumblr, and the rise of personal blogs, we’ve all experienced our fair share of inspirational content and motivational phrases. Heck, if you head over to any social media platform you will likely find yourself inundated with countless sharable posts featuring quotes from Abe Lincoln, Rosa Parks, MLK Jr., Julius Caesar, etc.
While we don’t consider ourselves experts in the “inspirational quotes” field (we’ll leave that to the pros and stick with marketing automation), we do know a thing or two about inspirational digital marketing content.
If you follow us on our various social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), you’re well aware of our love for inspiring digital marketing content. One of our favorite sources of inspo?
Quotes! Quick, easily digestible tidbits of motivation and inspiration that help millions of creative teams reach their potential.
Read on and check out our list of 50 digital marketing quotes to inspire you and your team (we’ve broken them down into 4 categories: Online marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, & content marketing)!
10 Quotes about Online Marketing:
- “The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing” — Tom Fishburne
- “Take a risk and keep testing, because what works today won’t work tomorrow, but what worked yesterday may work again.” — Amrita Sahasrabudhe
- “SEO is not something you do anymore, it’s what happens when you do everything else right.” — Chad Pollitt
- “We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.” — Craig Davis
- “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is—it is what consumers tell each other it is.” — Scott Cook
- “Advertising brings in the customers, but it is your job to keep them buying from you.” — Chet Holmes
- “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” — Joe Chernov
- “Marketing’s job is never done. It’s about perpetual motion. We must continue to innovate every day.” —Beth Comstock
- “As you go about creating new customer engagement programs and direct marketing packages for your brand, look for opportunities to give rather than to get. Whoever makes the first kind gesture, as studies show, tends to gain the most.” — Jeanette McMurtry
- “Don’t build links. Build relationships.” — Rand Fishkin
10 Quotes about Social Media Marketing:
- “The secret to getting results from your social networking is to act like a member, not a marketer.” — Mari Smith
- “Content is fire; social media is gasoline.” — Jay Baer
- “Quit counting fans, followers, and blog subscribers like bottle caps. Think instead about what you’re hoping to achieve with and through the community that actually cares about what you’re doing.” — Amber Naslund
- “There’s a problem with the word ‘social.’ Social is not just Twitter, FB, etc. Social is a language.” — Andrew Gill
- “Social media marketing is about creating content that brings your audience together as a community and inspiring authentic conversations while increasing your brand’s awareness.” — Krystal Wu
- “I use social media as an idea generator, trend mapper, and strategic compass for all of our online business ventures.” — Paul Barron
- “It’s a dialogue, not a monologue, and some people don’t understand that. Social media is more like a telephone than a television.” — Amy Jo Martin
- “Don’t use social media to impress people; use it to impact people.” — Dave Willis
- “Facebook is a discovery model platform. Its primary goal is to make the audience happy. So you’ll only get ROI if you create quality content for your audience.” — Kelly Hendrickson
- “When it comes to social media marketing, you don’t have to post 3 times a day. It’s never about how often you post, but the quality of your content.” — Janet Benson Amarhavwie
10 Quotes about Email Marketing:
- “Your goal should be to own quality time in your customer’s inbox.” — Drew Davis
- “If social media is the cocktail party, then email marketing is the ‘meet up for coffee.’ The original 1-to-1 channel.” — Erik Harbison
- “Signing up is a powerful signal of intent to buy. Send them email until they do.” — Jordie van Rijn
- “Cher’s ‘If I Could Turn Back Time’ is actually about her sending an email campaign with a mistake in it.” — Alex Williams
- “A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.” — Ramsay Leimenstoll
- “Personalisation — it is not about first/last name. It’s about relevant content.” — Dan Jak
- “To get the right message to the right person at the right time, you first need to get the right data to the right database at the right time.” — John Caldwell (hey! It’s almost like John read our Marketing Automation 101 Guide!)
- “Use low-commitment CTAs. Emails are invites, landing pages are parties.” — Matt Byrd
- “If you are not seeing the email channel as a money-making machine, you have the wrong strategy” — Hans Smellinckx
- “Every email is a customer survey of your target marketing. By testing, they vote on what resonates best with them.” — Kath Pay
10 Quotes about Content Marketing:
- “Content marketing is really like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” — David Beebe
- “Actually talk to your customers. Use the language that they use. Talk about the things they talk about. Never feed salad to a lion.” — Jay Acunzo
- “The reason we struggle with content marketing is because we haven’t started with ‘Why?’ Customers don’t care about your vanity metrics. Ask them, “How can I help?” — Kristina Halvorson
- “In a sea of mediocre content, a brave tone can be a big differentiator.” — Ann Handley
- “People don’t find content by mistake or by accident. Every content plan needs a complementary promotion plan that combines paid, owned, and earned media.” — Matthew Gratt
- “One of the best ways to sabotage content is to not tie it to your goals. Know why you’re creating content.” — Ellen Gomes
- “Nobody cares about your products, except you. Create interesting content!” — David Meerman Scott
- “Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing about.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “It’s not the best content that wins. It’s the best promoted content that wins.” — Andy Crestodina
- “Content is king.” — Bill Gates
We hope these fun quotes have helped to awaken your inner digital marketer! We know that motivation and inspiration can be tough to come by sometimes—that’s why we look to others and learn from their observations and unique experiences.
If you need more digital marketing inspo, don’t forget to check out our fantastic Resources page. You’ll find free worksheets, whitepapers, how-to guides, and blog posts for all of your digital marketing needs.
Now, go out there and conquer the (digital marketing) world!
Hasta la vista,
Digital Marketing Specialist