So besides social media, search engines and guest blogging?
Being a bootstrapped SaaS company (Net-Results Marketing Automation), we’re always looking for cost-effective ways to get our name out there.
Now, not all of these sources are as cost-effective as I’d like. But here’s a list of things we’ve considered and/or are considering:
- Sponsored content (getting published on traffic-heavy sites). Tends to be expensive.
- Sponsored research (getting industry research published with your name on it). Also expensive.
- Media mentions (working with journalists and bloggers to get your content published – okay, technically guest blogging, but not JUST guest blogging)
- Events. Sponsoring events in the tech space, however, is nuts expensive. But it can be a great way to get your name out there.
- Review sites. As a tech company, this is a big one. You can often buy clicks on platforms like Capterra or G2 Crowd, but oftentimes you can have your profile listed for free. Engaging your customers to get reviews on these sites helps a lot for exposure, too.
- Cold outreach (email, phone, social media). In our case, we specifically target agencies or customers we think could genuinely benefit from our software. If you keep it classy, and keep at it, this works.
Hope that sparks some ideas for you!