Speaking from a marketer’s perspective…
1. Looking stupid when your beautiful plans and customer journeys are destroyed by the unrelenting fists of reality.
2. Looking stupid when your $5000 ($50k?) campaign brings in absolutely no leads.
3. Getting clobbered during sales-marketing meetings with the fact that the leads you did generate suck.
4. Never really knowing why your campaign was successful.
5. Being virtually unable to replicate a successful campaign, because… marketing.
Oh, the risks are plenty. 😉