I’m the founder/ceo of a marketing automation platform and, as you may expect, we use automation to great effect all the time.
A successful automation workflow isn’t magic and doesn’t need to be complicated. Here’s an example of something that’s working for us now…
- Run ads on Facebook/LinkedIn that target MA savvy marketers. Offer them some content of value. One offer currently working for us is a that shows well ahead of Marketo & Pardot in customer service, implementation time, and time to ROI.
- Download of that G2 Crowd report adds those prospects to an automated workflow that follows up with an invitation to get our . We see large numbers of downloads in this step.
- Continue that workflow and offer more valuable content, our is one of those offers.
- …and so on. Each of these offers builds awareness of our (less well known than our competitors) brand, and provides value without any further “cost” to the prospect.
- Each of these offers provides clear means to engage further by scheduling a demonstration for example.
At the other end… MQLs, SQLs, & real opportunities. It’s currently September, 2018 and we have exceeded our sales targets by 85% month-to-date.